That’s me, Haley.
I am a graduate student, freelance writer, and aspiring therapist who shares tips for bullet journaling, mental health, and generally getting your sh*t together.
After working in my first marketing job out of college, I knew I wanted to make a greater impact on the world than simply selling products. I left my job to pursue a full-time freelance writing business, where I now work exclusively with healthcare (and especially mental healthcare) professionals.
That experience, combined with a harrowing history of childhood trauma, inspired me to pursue a career in social work. I am attending a top 10 Social Work school, Boston College, from Fall 2021 to Spring 2023, after which I plan to become a therapist specializing in the treatment of complex trauma.
- I have lived in three states: Massachusetts, Ohio, and Rhode Island.
- I graduated from Boston University in three years, with a combination of summer schooling and AP credit.
- My boyfriend, David, and I met on Tinder my second year of college. I didn’t know he lived in Cleveland — not Boston, where I lived — when we met.
- The first thing I did when I graduated college (after moving in with David) was adopt a dog. We named him Chandler, after the character in Friends!
- Right after I turned 19, I got jury duty three times in the span of six months. My parents are divorced, so I got notices sent to both of my parents’ addresses, and my college apartment.
- When I was little, I once stood in line behind Mitchell Musso (Oliver from Hannah Montana) at Starbucks. I waited until he left to tell my mom. She said, “Why didn’t you ask for a picture?!” ….I ask myself that same question pretty much every day.